The General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), approved in May 2016, will take effect on 25 May 2018.
The main difference with previous regulations (Directive 95/46 and Spanish Data Protection Law) is the purpose of this new regulation. It involves the introduction of factors such as how risk is approached and the principle of proactivity that will cause the end user to decide when, how and why they receive emails from third parties. Who hasn’t had an intrusive sales call at an inappropriate time while relaxing or enjoying a family meal? The regulation aims to avoid that feeling of intrusion. And how will it be done? By requesting proactive consent. As users we will give our express informed consent for the processing of our personal data for specific purposes.
We are sure that all of you have heard about the regulation and its characteristics, so we are not going to go into that aspect. With this article we want to inform you about how the entry into force of this regulation affects our relationship with you: collaborators, existing or future clients and followers.
How does the regulation affect our relationship with you?
To be able to keep your information in our database and to continue sending new information and possible promotional offers, in the case of clients, or be able to continue counting on you in the future, in the case of collaborators, Celer Soluciones needs your consent. Keep a close eye on your inbox in the next few days! You will receive a message with a specific link to give your consent. If you haven’t had anything by Friday, 25 May, don’t forget to check your spam folder, email servers sometimes confuse these kinds of emails and classify them as malware.
To make things a little easier, here is an overview of what you should know when giving your consent:
- Data Controller: Celer Soluciones, S.L.U.
- Legitimate treatment: the consent given.
- Purpose of treatment: to be able to send you any promotional offers that may arise, emails about our business and information that we consider relevant to you.
- Data retention: until deletion is expressly requested or, if applicable, during the legally stipulated period.
- Data recipients: under no circumstances will data transfers be performed.
- International transfers: Since we belong to the international group Ubiqus S.A., transfers of international data will be performed, but within the EEA only.
- Rights: you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure and portability of your data, as well as opposition or limitation of their processing, withdraw consent and file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Remember that you can always withdraw or not give your consent for any reason. If so, any processing up to this point will remain valid. To withdraw this consent, please email us at email@example.com.
If you are already an active client or collaborator of Celer Soluciones, you can also directly give your consent through the privacy menu on the Extranet. If you do not yet have passwords to access the Extranet, do not hesitate to email us and we will send them to you as soon as possible.
Please contact us via the usual email and phone number with any queries or concerns.
And don’t forget that the new regulation wants to protect your personal data and offer maximum transparency, let us protect your data as it should be!